Financial Analyst - 100% Remote
RemoteUnited States, California, San FranciscoOperations
Hi! Orbit is looking for an Financial Analyst to support our business operations team by organizing and providing data that enables our business leaders to make effective decisions and remain in compliance with all local and global requirements. The work you do will play a key role in ensuring scalable growth and we are looking for someone who can continue to grow in the role. You’ll use your excellent organization and detail orientation skills to keep the business humming and for ways to provide increasing value to leaders and the overall organization.
Orbit is the leading community growth platform that's changing the way companies see the strategic value of community to grow their business. We're a well-funded Series A company with top-tier investors like Coatue, A16Z, and Heavybit. We have early solid organic traction—our platform is in use by more than 4,000 communities and helps power teams behind products like CircleCI, Typeform, Apollo GraphQL, Agora, and others.
What You Will Achieve
- Manage accounting vendors across multiple countries and financial disciplines to meet all contractual requirements and company standards
- Collect data from external partners and vendors to provide oversight into the company's bookkeeping, accounting, AP, and AR
- Document processes to enable others on the team to act as back-ups for the work where you are the primary owner
- Work closely with external partners to ensure the company meets all accounting and tax obligations in US and abroad
- Produce and maintain regular financial reports that meet the business leaders needs and enable effective decisions
- Produce budgeting tools, reports, and dashboards to provide insights to leaders on where costs are being allocated
- Oversee payroll vendors to ensure that all payrolls are on-time, accurate, and in compliance with local and country legal requirements
- Work with vendors to identify new processes, procedures, and requirements to enable the company's expansion goals
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business administration
- Strong experience and understanding of corporate finance and administration
- Excellent organization skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to build things from the ground up
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth company - able to continuously adapt and flex as needs change
- Ability to manage many vendors and partners
If you don’t feel that you meet those qualifications on paper but are still excited about the opportunity, please apply anyway! We believe great talent can come from anywhere, and we know that a resume doesn’t tell the whole story of who you are and what you can do.
Working at Orbit
Orbit is a remote by design, fully distributed company with employees in many countries. Currently, we are focusing on hiring in France, the UK, or the US. We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time. Because we have teammates around the world, benefits will vary based on where you live. We take the health and well-being of our teammates seriously. Just tell us what you need to be happy and successful, and we’ll try our best to accommodate. In general, we aim to offer our employees:
Competitive compensation packages
Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
Your dream hardware, software, and conferencing setup for your home office
Opportunities for professional development, which might include books, courses, conferences, or community events
The hiring process
We are a young startup, frequently iterating on our interview processes. The specific steps you go through may vary, but for all candidates, we hold the following principles in mind:
We respect candidates’ time and energy. We will strive for a 2-3 week interview process, unless you request more time.
We conduct conversational interviews as well as collaboration sessions, which are designed to help you get a sense of what it’s really like to work with our team.
We want everyone, candidates as well as interviewers, to come away feeling positive about the experience. Everyone should feel that they got something out of meeting and exploring the opportunity together, even if an offer isn’t extended or accepted.
And most importantly:
Orbit does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity. In fact, we strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.