RemoteFrance, Île-de-France, ParisProduct
👋 Greetings! Orbit is hiring a Product Designer with a passion for problem solving, a detailed design-eye and a love for creating intuitive and delightful experiences for our users. The ideal candidate will be skilled at each stage of the design process and always focused on the needs of the customer.
You will work with other designers and cross-functional team members and will rely heavily on both qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- Working closely with product managers to define design/experience requirements
- Identifying new product improvement opportunities through weekly calls with users
- Staying up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Coordinating with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication
- Modifying and revising existing designs to meet changing customer preferences
- Creating clickable prototypes to share with internal team members and customers that showcase the design and user experience
- Working closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes
- Presenting product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
We think a successful Product Designer at Orbit will have skills and experience along these lines:
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- An intuitive eye for customer needs and ability to “read between the lines” to better understand those needs
- Excellent attention to detail and love for design
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- A well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of visual, interaction, and user experience design
- Ability to effectively communicate and instill confidence in design concepts
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage and influence a variety of audiences
- Provide assistance to product engineers when needed
- Proficiency in Figma, both design and prototyping
If you don’t feel that you meet those qualifications on paper but are still excited about the opportunity, please apply anyway! We believe great talent can come from anywhere, and we know that a resume doesn’t tell the whole story of who you are and what you can do.
Working at Orbit
Orbit is a remote-first, fully distributed company with employees all over the world. To make sure our team has some overlap time to meet synchronously, we limit our hiring to candidates in time zones between UTC-7 and UTC+3. If you happen to live in San Francisco or Paris, you have the option to join other members of the team at a small outpost, but this is not required (and as such, we don’t offer relocation to those cities). We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
We offer to all employees:
Competitive compensation including salary and stock options
Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
Your dream hardware, software, and conferencing setup for your home office
Opportunities for professional development, which might include books, courses, conferences, or community events
Need something not listed here? Let’s talk about it! At Orbit, we have teammates around the world, so certain benefits (like medical and retirement) will vary based on where you live. We take the health and well-being of our teammates seriously. Just tell us what you need to be happy and successful, and we’ll try our best to accommodate.
The hiring process
We are a young startup, frequently iterating on our interview processes. The specific steps you go through may vary, but for all candidates, we hold the following principles in mind:
Everyone hears back from us, no matter the decision. At Orbit, nobody’s application falls into a black hole.
We respect candidates’ time and energy. We will strive for a 2-3 week interview process, unless you request more time.
We conduct conversational interviews as well as collaboration sessions, which are designed to help you get a sense of what it’s really like to work with our team.
We want everyone, candidates as well as interviewers, to come away feeling positive about the experience. Everyone should feel that they got something out of meeting and exploring the opportunity together, even if an offer isn’t extended or accepted.
And most importantly:
Orbit does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity. In fact, we strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.