RemoteFrance, Île-de-France, ParisSecurity
Orbit is hiring a security engineer to help build and run various security programmes within Orbit, respond to incidents, and provide best practice guidance to engineering and SRE staff.
This role is for someone with a strong engineering background who enjoys both incident response and day to day systems administration, as well as how to implement security best practice in a way that is either invisible or positive to the end user.
We’re looking for someone to help us keep Orbit's security approach top-tier, helping to keep watchful eyes across the organization, and be a role model both internally and to the wider community. You’ll have a lot of support, and autonomy.
If you're the kind of person who loves to approach security from a strong practical perspective, and has a strong affinity for ensuring privacy and design ethics are maintained alongside security, this is the role for you.
Here are some signs that you might be a good fit for the role:
- You have 2+ years of experience in languages such as Go, Python, C++, and/or Infrastructure As Code (Terraform, etc) and detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- You have hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, and device management
- You’re at the senior, staff, or higher engineer level
- You have impeccable, top-class communications skills and are able to communicate complex technical topics easily and succinctly
- You’ve got experience with security certifications and documentation (i.e SOC 2, ISO27001)
- You have prior JAMF Pro, Okta, and SIEM administrative experience
- You’re comfortable architecting, articulating, and leading projects and org-wide efforts autonomously
- You've previously run or have experience in bug bounty programmes
- You've got experience in vendor review and risk analysis/threat modelling
- You’re comfortable conducting security-oriented code and architecture reviews and providing actionable feedback
- You value accurately and friendly written communication
- You enjoy conversations across all parts of the company, from tech to marketing to HR
- You enjoy creating content and giving talks
- You’re interested in the community and open source aspects of software development
If you don’t feel that you meet those qualifications on paper but are still excited about the opportunity, please apply anyway! We believe great talent can come from anywhere, and we know that a resume doesn’t tell the whole story of who you are and what you can do.
Working at Orbit
Orbit is a remote-first, fully distributed company with employees in many countries. Currently, we are focusing on hiring in France, the UK, or the US. However, if you're outside those countries but between the time zones of UTC-7 and UTC+3, and you're open to the complexities and trade-offs of full-time contracting, you are welcome to apply. We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Because we have teammates around the world, certain benefits will vary based on where you live. We take the health and well-being of our teammates seriously. Just tell us what you need to be happy and successful, and we’ll try our best to accommodate. In general, we aim to offer our employees:
Competitive compensation packages
Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
Your dream hardware, software, and conferencing setup for your home office
Opportunities for professional development, which might include books, courses, conferences, or community events
The hiring process
We are a young startup, frequently iterating on our interview processes. The specific steps you go through may vary, but for all candidates, we hold the following principles in mind:
Everyone hears back from us, no matter the decision. At Orbit, nobody’s application falls into a black hole.
We respect candidates’ time and energy. We will strive for a 2-3 week interview process, unless you request more time.
We conduct conversational interviews as well as collaboration sessions, which are designed to help you get a sense of what it’s really like to work with our team.
We want everyone, candidates as well as interviewers, to come away feeling positive about the experience. Everyone should feel that they got something out of meeting and exploring the opportunity together, even if an offer isn’t extended or accepted.
And most importantly:
Orbit does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity. In fact, we strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.