RemoteFrance, Île-de-France, ParisHuman Resources
👋 Hi there! Orbit is hiring a Senior Recruiter to accelerate the growth of our organization. This will be the first recruiter on staff, and as such you’ll have the opportunity to establish the practice of recruitment at Orbit and potentially grow your role along with the company.
Orbit is a small company with ambitious growth goals. We aim to hire the best candidates and give them interesting problems to solve in a creative and respectful environment. We strive for a fast hiring process that’s respectful of both candidates’ and interviewers’ time and effort.
On any given day, this role might have you:
- Learning the current interview processes for our open roles
- Iterating and improving on our recruitment processes
- Navigating the ambiguity that can arise with a startup’s changing needs
- Training interviewers and hiring managers on best practices
- Providing best-in-class candidate experience to all applicants
- Creating employer branding and active outreach strategies
- Recruiting candidates for roles of all levels in all departments--sales, engineering, G&A, and everything in between
We’re looking for someone with work experience along these lines:
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience at tech companies, preferably high-growth startups
- Designing and executing strategies for rapid headcount growth
- Fluency in recruiting analytics and making data-driven decisions
- Adaptability and willingness to work in a high-growth, high-change environment
- Familiarity with recruiting and hiring practices around the world, and especially in France, US, and UK
- Experience recruiting for all roles and disciplines - technical, sales, G&A, leadership, and anything else that comes up
If you don’t feel that you meet those qualifications on paper but are still excited about the opportunity, please apply anyway! We believe great talent can come from anywhere, and we know that a resume doesn’t tell the whole story of who you are and what you can do.
Working at Orbit
Orbit is a remote-first, fully distributed company with employees in many countries. Currently, we are focusing on hiring in France, the UK, or the US. However, if you're outside those countries but between the time zones of UTC-7 and UTC+3, and you're open to the complexities and trade-offs of full-time contracting, you are welcome to apply. We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Because we have teammates around the world, certain benefits will vary based on where you live. We take the health and well-being of our teammates seriously. Just tell us what you need to be happy and successful, and we’ll try our best to accommodate. In general, we aim to offer our employees:
Competitive compensation packages
Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
Your dream hardware, software, and conferencing setup for your home office
Opportunities for professional development, which might include books, courses, conferences, or community events
The hiring process
We are a young startup, frequently iterating on our interview processes. The specific steps you go through may vary, but for all candidates, we hold the following principles in mind:
Everyone hears back from us, no matter the decision. At Orbit, nobody’s application falls into a black hole.
We respect candidates’ time and energy. We will strive for a 2-3 week interview process, unless you request more time.
We conduct conversational interviews as well as collaboration sessions, which are designed to help you get a sense of what it’s really like to work with our team.
We want everyone, candidates as well as interviewers, to come away feeling positive about the experience. Everyone should feel that they got something out of meeting and exploring the opportunity together, even if an offer isn’t extended or accepted.
And most importantly:
Orbit does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity. In fact, we strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.